The virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to others by infected persons who have few or no symptoms. Even if an infected person is only mildly ill, the people they spread it to may become seriously ill or even die, especially if that person is 65 or older with pre-existing health conditions that place them at higher risk. Because of the hidden nature of this threat, everyone should rigorously follow the practices specified by the U.S. Center for Disease Control. The virus that causes COVID-19 is still circulating in our communities. We should continue to observe practices that protect everyone, including those who are most vulnerable. All members should self-screen before attending classes as outlined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control Self-Checker. If you have any of these symptoms, DO NOT COME TO CLASS.
Our primary commitment and focus at all times is the health and safety of the Live Well Fitness family. The purpose of these protocols is to minimize disease spread as best as possible. We have implemented the policies and procedures below that will guide our return to exercise. These policies will be updated as the health situation progresses.
• Instructors are required to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering the facility.
• Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
• Regularly and frequently disinfect touched surfaces; such as doorknobs, tables, chairs, especially after each class.
• Instructors shall maintain at least 6 feet of separation from other individuals. If such distancing is not feasible, other measures such as face covering, hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
• Instructors should consider wearing non-medical grade face masks.
• Readily visible signage will be placed in facility to remind participants of best hygiene practices.
• Class size will be downsized to 10 members.
• Participants are asked to refrain from facility when exhibiting signs of contagious illness, see U.S. Center of Disease Control guidelines.
• Participants are encouraged to use hand sanitizer immediately after entering the facility.
• Participants are encouraged to use a personal towel as a barrier on seats for seated exercised classes.
• Participants must maintain 6 ft. distance from each other during classes. Remember that some people without any symptoms may be able to spread the virus.
• Participants should consider wearing non-medical grade face masks.
• Water fountains should be used for re-filling water bottles only.
• We will no longer supply community exercise equipment for classes. Using equipment is optional, however, we do encourage you to purchase and use your own equipment (weights, bands, balls, yoga mats, etc.)
• Class sizes will be reduced, no refunds for no-shows. Payments are encouraged to be made on-line or placed in the drop-box on site.
SILVER SNEAKERS FLEX
Silversneakers FLEX is a FREE fitness program for seniors that’s helping millions of people on Medicare defy the odds, shatter stereotypes and answer every challenge with, “I can do this!” We offer a variety of fitness classes for all abilities led by our SilverSneakers trained instructors, including: yoga/Pilates, water aerobics, aerobic chair classes, Bootcamp, and cardio dance. To verify your elgibility, click here.